My goal is to learn and grow as a designer so that my work has a positive impact on the people who use it. I want to work with a team of like-minded, curious people that enjoy working together and learning from each other, while solving challenging problems.
Ultimately, I want to leverage my leadership in the design community to serve teams and better connect organizations internally as well as to the clients they serve.
Duke University, The Fuqua School of Business
December 2011 – March 2021
Lead Interactive Designer
- Introduced responsive site designs using HTML/CSS and legacy CMS systems.
- Led comprehensive, user-centered redesign of alumni website.
- Improved technology standards: responsive design, SASS, Twitter Bootstrap, and MailChimp HTML email templates.
User Experience Designer
Internal & Academic Team
- Led comprehensive, long-term user-centered redesign of intranet website using user research, wireframe design, prototype development and testing, HTML/CSS, and GIt within a Java environment.
- Consolidated and redesigned academic area, academic center, and other microsites using WordPress.
- Achieved buy-in for user-centered workflow among development team.
Experience + Design
July 2009 – present
User Experience Designer
Performed design and development work for large and small organizations.
- Interaction Design (wireframes)
- Visual Design (desktop and mobile)
- User Research & Testing
- HTML/CSS Development
Notable Client: Group Story
January 2010 – January 2011
- Project Management
- UI in Ruby on Rails environment using HTML/CSS, SASS, ERB and GitHub
Notable Client: User-View
November 2009 – September 2011
- Visual Design
- HTML/CSS prototypes for large healthcare organizations
October 2011 – December 2011
Performed design and development on customer-facing websites.
- Visual design
- HTML / CSS development
April 2007 – July 2009
User Interface Designer
- Designed high-fidelity comps for marketing review.
- Developed user interfaces using XAML/MS Expression suite, and HTML/CSS.
- Led interaction design for collaborative authoring platform using comprehensive wireframes and documentation.
- Created photo book application visual and interactive designs.
AuthorHouse – Book Designer, June 2004 – April 2007
AuthorHouse – Account Manager, September 2003 – June 2004
Indiana University Center for Survey Research – Supervisors’ Assistant, August 2002 – October 2003
- 2010: Co-Director of Community Events | Triangle UXPA
- 2011: Director of Community Events | Triangle UXPA
- 2012-2013: Director of Social Events & Book Club | Triangle UXPA
- 2014: President | Triangle UXPA
- 2015-2016: Past President | Triangle UXPA
- 2017-2018: Founder & Chair | UX Y’all Conference
- 2018-2019: Co-Chair | UX Y’all
- 2019-2021: Event Team Volunteer | Triangle UXPA
- 2021: Sponsorship Volunteer | UX Y’all
- 2021-2022: President | Triangle UXPA
- 2010 September 23 @ UNC School of Library & Information Science | Career Panelist
- 2015 July 23 @ Triangle UXPA | Modular UX
- 2018 February 1 @ UNC School of Library & Information Science | Career Panelist
- 2018 February 12 @ Triangle UXPA I Heart Books | UX Team of One
- 2018 April 13 @ Duke Tech Expo | Don’t Fear the User w/ Lauren Hirsh
- 2019 April 12 @ Duke Tech Expo | Quick and Easy UX Methods for Anyone
- Quick and Easy UX Methods for Anyone
- The Basics of Interaction Design
- IA Summit 2017 Poster – The Quest for the Hero
Community-based community project content creation system and method. 2009. David McCauley, Sandra Powell, Benjamin Crum, Nathan Williamson, Jacob Geib-Rosch, Kenneth Kratz, James Stanley, Christopher Yates. US20090070128 A1 filed Sep 11, 2007, and issued Mar 12, 2009.
BA, Sociology & BA, Political Science
1998 – 2002